Why the mask has limited protection for wildfire smoke? September 13 2022, 6 Comments
The mask have to meet following codition:
1. No air leaking, mask must fit very tightly. The mask fit over the nose and under chin
2. N95 or N100 can filter out fine particle PM2.5 from smoke, but not hazardour gases. The activated carbon fibre can absorb it.
3. Use Electrostatic filter air purifier to absorb the wildfire smoke and radon. The PM0.01 particle can be removed.
Index of Radon February 19 2022, 5 Comments
Radon test results
What you do depends on how much radon there is. Radon is measured in becquerels per cubic metre (Bq/m3).
- If your home’s radon level is less than 200 Bq/m3, Health Canada radon guidelines say that no action is required. However, even low levels of radon can be harmful. It’s a good idea to try to lower your home’s radon level as much as possible, even if it’s already below 200 Bq/m3.
- If your home’s radon level is between 200 and 600 Bq/m3, you should repair your home in the next two years.
- If your home’s radon level is over 600 Bq/m3, you should repair your home within one year.
Reduce radon levels in your home
To lower the radon level, you need to hire a contractor to:
- Figure out where the radon is coming in
- Complete repairs to block it from coming in
Radon can come into your home through: sump pumps, cracks in foundations, spaces around pipes, unfinished floors, and other places. To solve your radon problem, you need an expert to find out where exactly the radon is getting in. A trained contractor with experience in radon mitigation (radon repairs) can examine your home, find where the radon is seeping in, and make the necessary repairs.
If you smoke and have been exposed to higher levels of radon, it’s very important to try to quit smoking. The combined effects of cigarette smoking and radon exposure raise the risk of lung cancer much more than either exposure alone.
Be aware of possible symptoms of lung cancer, such as shortness of breath, a new or worsening cough, pain or tightness in the chest, hoarseness, or trouble swallowing, and tell your doctor if you start to have any of these symptoms.
For uranium miners, millers, and transporters who have certain health problems as a result of exposure to radon, the United States government has established the Radiation Exposure Compensation Program.
The Activated Carbon Fiber can absorb Radon Gas.
Our Electrostatic Filter Air Purifier has more efficiency to remove radon gas.
The First Portable Purifier that effectively Remove Radon Gas February 17 2022, 6 Comments
The Electrostatic filters that effectively remove radon gas
Radon is an odorless radioactive gas that is a by-product of the natural breakdown of uranium within the earth. Radon is found in soils and rock throughout North America and it can get into our homes through foundation cracks, air leaks, or well water etc. It has been implicated as a major cause of lung cancer; in fact, it is widely regarded as the second leading cause of lung cancer in the USA (and the leading cause for non-smokers).
Scientists estimate that 15,000 to 22,000 lung cancer deaths in the United States each year are related to radon. There is 3000 lung cancer deaths in Canada each year related to radon, too. There is about 15% of lung cancel is related to radon gas.
Radon gas is inert, colorless and odorless. Radon is naturally in the atmosphere in trace amounts. Most radon exposure occurs inside homes, schools and workplaces.
Our Electrostatic Portable Purifier is working now. It is based on our N99 HEPA Portable Purifier add Electrostatic filter to remove radon gas. Here are some photos for the filter box to share with you.
The PM0.3 remove performance is increased 22% from N99 HEPA to Electrostatic Filter.